|Creative Thinking... Thoughtful Solutions|
The Blair House was constructed in 1887 by Frank P. Blair as a residential hotel. Designed by Hermann Kretz and William H. Thomas, the red pressed brick and Bayfield sandstone structure sits on the corner of Selby and Western Avenues in the National Register’s Hill Historic District of St. Paul.
Collaborative Design Group was retained to perform a condition survey of the façade of the structure and develop a preservation plan. Working with the association and management group, CDG prioritized the needed repair and restoration options. Based on that survey, assessment, and prioritization, CDG then produced building restoration drawings and specifications. CDG also provided the construction administration and acted as the project liaison between the Owners and the St. Paul Heritage Preservation Commission.