Collaborative Design Group Creative Thinking... Thoughtful Solutions
Baudette Depot

The Baudette Depot, formerly the Canadian National Railways (CNR) Depot, was built in 1923 at the end of Main Avenue in Baudette, Minnesota. The Depot was abandoned by the CNR in 1980 and sold to the Depot Preservation Alliance (DPA) in 1997. In early 2008 the DPA applied for and received a Minnesota Department of Transportation grant for the preservation of the building. Collaborative Design Group was hired by the DPA in the fall of 2008 to provide exterior and interior restoration plans and construction oversight. Plans for the building include artist studio and exhibit areas, DPA office and history exhibit space, and leasable office space. As part of the project, CDG has worked with the DPA, MNDOT, and the State Historic Preservation Office to ensure that the tenets of the grant are carried out in the building’s restoration.


Baudette Depot Baudette Depot Baudette Depot Baudette Depot Baudette Depot Baudette Depot Baudette Depot Baudette Depot

Architecture • Engineering • Historic Preservation • Interiors • Planning